Dear Entire World,
I’ve been afk for ages. There are reasons for this:
1. I have been writing some super-secret fun stuff (okay, two novels, and a small chunk of a third) that are not yet ready for you to peruse. Unless you’re an agent and you want to represent me. Then you should DM me on Twitter.
2. I have been studying cartomancy, herbology, astrology, and a bunch of other ancient and wonderful systems of esoteric practice and thought. So far I have little to share other than tons of author recommendations.
(Aleister Crowley and Dion Fortune are my favorites at the moment. I highly recommend Crowley’s Book of Thoth and Fortune’s Secrets of Dr. Taverner. If you need more reading ideas, start with The Kybalion and vibrate some thought forms in my direction after you realize that the author known as “Three Initiates” is probably William Walker Atkinson.)
On this topic, if anyone wants to attend some seminars and workshops with me, please reach out! On Oct. 11 I’m studying palmistry with my friend and mentor Dainichi is teaching a class on crystals at Namaste. I’m always looking for study buddies!
(My friend Jeanne and I are working on forming an occult study group here in BK. Please get in touch if you’d like to join us.)
I will also be launching a site very very very soon where you can see some of the occult work I’ve undertaken. Mostly it’s goofy stuff like this collage of daily tarot spreads:
3. I seem to have a problem with saying unkind things out loud, and so lately I’ve been doing my best to bite my tongue. I’m not taking anything back — it’s all true, and I stand by it — but I’m trying not to say any other rude things if I can help it. This mostly means not talking at all, at least not on the open internet where everyone can overhear me. For now, if you want to hear the mean things I have to say, you’ll have meet up with me in person.
4. In the vein of unkind things: America is basically over, so it’s no fun writing about politics at present. But did you all see Oliver Stone’s “Snowden”? It was soooo okay! (If you want to not be at all disappointed by a film about Edward Snowden, watch Laura Poitras’s “Citizenfour”. Watch it with me!!!)
5. Speaking of great documentaries, have you seen “Everything is Copy”? It’s about the life and work of Nora Ephron — who may or may not be the basis of a character in one of my books. The first time I saw the movie, I sat in the theatre and sobbed through the whole thing. I have now seen the film enough times that I can mostly watch it without crying. You should come over and watch it with me some time. I don’t promise not to cry, though.
6. There’s a bunch of other stuff happening, too, but it’s none of your business I guess. You’ll have to follow me on Instagram if you want to see the fine print.